Things about EA Alpha v.022 on Linux

Let's talk about improvement and current gameplay features.
technoshaman

Things about EA Alpha v.022 on Linux

Postby technoshaman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:01 pm

Hello :)

I wrote these on Steam, but I'll re-write them here. First, I think being able to assign the TAB key to the map would be nice. Secondly, I think, since all you can do on a map is to add notes, it doesn't need to ask you if you're sure. On the other hand, some titles don't need a description, I think that should be optional, since just "Copper Key" is enough sometimes. A zoom +- feature for the map would also be nice, since I'm having a hard time seeing unexplored areas (squares without thin black walls) on the map. Thank you :)

Elora
Site Admin

Re: Things about EA Alpha v.022 on Linux

Postby Elora » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:52 pm

Hello,

The toggle map with "tab" has been added to the game.
We will make the description optional, but you will require a title to add a note.
For the confirmation message, we might remove it in the next version and see how the community reacts to it.
The zoom might not be something we will do right now, as it seems to be more complicated.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Elora.

technoshaman

Postby technoshaman » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:27 am

OK, thank you for the updates, Elora :) However, I got some new bug reports for you ;)

Here are some glitches I've come across tonight...

- The first one is the name of the temple levels on the binding stone. Temple Level 2 is named as Temple Level 1 again. As seen below.

- I can go through the wall in Temple Level 1 at where the blue arrow is pointing. Since the map was incomplete, I thought it was some hidden pass...

...but it was a glitch.

- Another one is in Temple Level 3. The room in the middle with fire and binding stone (different symbols please), has two corridors in map (both marked with G, one on left and one on right), yet they don't exist, and they open to a glitch world when you enter the 2 walls around the fire (not corridors).

On the same map, but at another level, where I noted "Could"; I could reach and get the sack without opening the iron bars.

- And the last one is at the shop. Some spell names are too long to fit in their information bubble.

This is all for now. Keep up the good work!

Best regards,
Emrah

PS: Could you change the file upload limit, so I won't have to upload them to my website? I also don't get mails when something is posted to a topic I'm subscribed.

Elora
Site Admin

Postby Elora » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:06 pm

Hi Emrah,

The upload limit has been doubled, we hope it's now enough :)
The glitches has been fixed (thanks for reporting them!)
For the name of the binding stone, this is actually correct. Maybe the fact that we have two stones in the same level causes confusion?
Because you actually found both binding stone from the level 1 (there are no stones in the level 2).
We fixed the loot behind the gate and moved it inside an alcove.

Edit: The names for the items in the merchant sections are now fixed.

When everything is done, we will update a beta version on steam so you can test it.
We also started to implement multiple save games (x3). Right now, the option is not there yet, but we move the save game to the first slot in the new version. We'll need to make sure that doesn't break the save game when you test it in the beta branch.

Thanks for your feedback!

Elora.

PS: Do you have a check box in the options tab under the reply message box for the notify (it should be there)?

technoshaman

Postby technoshaman » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi Elora,

Glad to be of help, and thanks for the updates :)

Sorry, I didn't realize the binding stones were in the same level. Yet, maybe they could be named along with direction names (Level 1 N, Level 1 E, etc.) for easier access?

The mail thingy was my fault, I thought the check mark meant I was already subscribed, but it was for getting subscribed :oops:

Looking forward to the beta release. Keep up the great work guys ;)

Best regards,
Emrah

Elora
Site Admin

Postby Elora » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:02 am

Hi Emrah,

You can sync the new version (0.23) available on Steam.
Please, keep up the feedback, this is so helpful!

Thanks,
Elora.

technoshaman

Postby technoshaman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:37 am

Hi Elora,

Great! I will do it tonight after work.
I'll keep up the feedback, no worries :)

Best regards,
Emrah

Elora
Site Admin

Postby Elora » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:27 am

Hi Emrah,

I wanted to check with you if you found any issues.
Is the build stable enough so we can move it for everyone?

Thanks to let me know!

Elora.

technoshaman

Postby technoshaman » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:31 am

Hi Elora,

Is the Temple 3 levels total? I found a red orb at the end. If it was all we had to find there, I think I've cleared the area, and found no other problems.
One alcove would let me put items in it, then it would tell me it was already full (but it was already emptied by me). The others didn't do such thing. I will post a picture when I get home from work.

Best regards,
Emrah

technoshaman

Postby technoshaman » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:07 pm

Hello,

I attached three screenshots about the alcove I mentioned before, and a spell name suspicion. Is the name and description of the spell correct. I mean it's a stone rain spell, but it says it showers you with arrows.

Best regards,
Emrah
Attachments
2015-08-11_00001.jpg
Stone rain, but rain of arrows?
2015-08-11_00001.jpg (491.81 KiB) Viewed 9042 times
2015-08-09_00012.jpg
Map of the ever accepting alcove.
2015-08-09_00012.jpg (381.27 KiB) Viewed 9042 times
2015-08-09_00011.jpg
The ever accepting alcove.
2015-08-09_00011.jpg (393.01 KiB) Viewed 9042 times